I invite you to join our community of short-prose writers in the Day in a Sentence and boil down your week and share. (see archives) This week’s twist comes via a suggestion from one of our regulars, who asked that we try a couplet.
I am always up for poetry so let’s give it a shot. Here is how it works:
- Think about a day of your week, or your entire week
- Boil it down to the essence (add some spice and simmer)
- Write a couplet (two lines that rhyme is general enough of a definition for this effort)
- Use the comment feature on this post and submit your couplet
- I will collect all of the writing and release them on Sunday
- If you want to podcast your couplet, even better. You can either provide a link in your post or you can email me your audio file and I will host for you. Send the audio to dogtrax(at)gmail(dot)com.
- Be part of the writing community! Everyone is welcome!
Here is my couplet and podcast for the week:
How many times can I shout: stay focused on your work!
before the kids begin to whisper, Mr. H has gone berserk.
Peace (in rhyme),