More Conversations with Anna: Acknowledging the Naysayers

This is part of an ongoing discussion across digital platforms, about digital writing, that I am having with my friend, Anna Smith at the National Writing Project’s Digital Is site. So far, we’ve exchanged video talks, and then screencasts, and now, I am inviting her to create a webcomic via Dan’s Awesome Ragemaker Comic.
The topic? How do we acknowledge the opposite view of our discussions: the fear that digital writing is not unique, or that it is bad for our students to be composing with digital tools and spending time on digital spaces? This stems from a long discussion I had with a parent the other day, who supported my work with technology but expressed worries, too. Those concerns echoed ones I have as a parent, too.
Here is mine:
Acknowledging the Naysayers
And as has been my custom, I created a webcomic reflection, with a little twist. I created Anna as a character and added her into my comic. I am hoping she is OK with that (I’m pretty certain she will be) and it will give me a chance in the future to do more reflections my talking to “her” in my webcomics.
Reflection_Comic_Creator
Peace (in the discussion),