Slice of Life (Day Seven): Cells, Cells, Everywhere You Look

(This is for the Slice of Life challenge, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. We write all through March, every day, about the small moments in the larger perspective … or is that the larger perspective in the smaller moments? You write, too.)

Sometimes, it is a joy to wander the hallways and see what my colleagues are doing with our students.

Cells in the Hallway

In Science, the unit right now is Cells and these four posters — one from each of our sixth grade classes — were up on display yesterday morning.

Cells in the Hallway

I love the colors and the humor and the large-scale Comic Strip feel to them. Two of the posters deal with Animal Cells and two, with Plant Cells.

Cells in the Hallway

Each student had a different part of the Cell, and their job was to create the character (most used alliteration) and create a dialogue bubble for talking about their “job” in the Cell.

Cells in the Hallway

Peace (inside and out),

1. What a fabulous display! I love that students depicted cells as characters and used alliteration for the cells’ job descriptions. This is such an appealing integration of art and science – had to be so much fun for the kids to create, as well as for all of you to view. Talk about bringing learning to life!

2. I love hallway displays, too. I have some pictures on file from our hallways to write about one day this month.