Visual Slice of Life: Outside from the Inside (Sketch Day 2)

(This is for the Slice of Life challenge, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. We write on Tuesdays about the small moments in the larger perspective … or is that the larger perspective in the smaller moments? You write, too.)

It’s Day Two of my Sketchbook vacation, using my couch in the living room as the place where I am looking from and/or stationed at, and drawing at. Yesterday, I noticed the scene out of the front yard window, as my son was shooting baskets in the hoop near the street.

Outside From Inside

Peace (swish it),

1. I love the idea of a sketchbook vacation! Lovely basketball hoops! I’m intrigued. Yesterday, I had my students answer a reflective question without using words and the results were amazing! Maybe I’ll try a sketchbook vacation soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. So glad I clicked to see what you are sketching. Love the idea of just sitting in same place, looking, noticing and then drawing. Such value in repetition of actions.

3. I saw the mushroom too. Wondered what was hanging from it. What about drawing a mushroom that we mistake for yet something else?