We had a lovely dinner last night with all of the folks who have descended upon Berkeley for the Monograph writing adventure. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Shirley Brown and our table had a long discussion about public relations and the reliability of journalists I spent 10 years as a newspaper reporter so I had some inside info); the pros and cons of Charter Schools; how to mainstream autistic children; and many other interesting areas. Today, we head over the main offices of the NWP on the campus and get to work on some initial writing and discussions with our editors. Susan and I get to work with Tish, from the Vermont Writing Project, which is very neat since it wasn’t that long ago that I stole their idea for collaborating with the local newspaper to feature our teachers and students.
I realize now what a great variety of projects are being delved into here on the topic of continuity and sustainability at the writing project sites.
- Creating Learning Communities — New York City WP
- Presenting Collaborative Networks — Rhode Island WP
- Visioning Retreats — Prairie Lands WP
- Study Groups on Race and Homophobia — UCLA WP
- Leadership Inquiry Seminars — Philadelphia WP
- Strategic Planning — Western Pennsylvania WP
- Site Structure and the Role of Tech Liaison – WMWP