Your Day/Week in a Sentence

Since my good friend, The Reflective Teacher, is taking a break this week from his wonderful Boil Your Day Down Into One Sentence feature, I told him I would be glad to host this week’s edition.

So, if you want to participate, use the comment feature here on this post, write and submit your sentence  (and even better, write your sentence and also provide me with a podcast version — you can even email me the audio file at dogtrax(at)gmail(dot)com and I will host it for you), and I will collate it all before the end of the weekend.

Peace (in community),

1. Let’s start the week with a Late Start meeting where we, teachers, are now told the evaluation protocol that WAS not a dog-n-pony show, will now become a dog-n-pony show, continue with a full 60 minute training on Google mail and how to set it up (as if we could ever figure it out ourselves), take 80% of my kids out of my AP class on Wednesday for a PSAT test, cut the classes on Thursday for our wasted, twice a quarter, homeroom, and send me to a meeting on rigor and relevance on Friday, while a “guest” teacher will be standing guard over my kiddos.

2. Went to a memorial service for a colleague and friend who taught Spanish II at our school for 15 years before that car hit her broadside on her way to class the other morning; I clutched my kleenex and stared at my little candle, and felt the whole fuzzy chaotic teaching world slide into sharp focus.