Larry did an outstanding job with the Day in the Sentence feature last week and I want to invite you all to join the growing community of contributors. And thanks to Cheryl for the mention at the TechLearning site, too.
It is simple:
- Boil down your week or a day into a single sentence
- Use the comment feature here to share your sentence (comments are moderated so be alarmed if they don’t show up)
- Please leave your blog address so that we can link to you and expand our community of Web-based contacts
- I encourage you to podcast your sentence — either provide a link to your own podcast hosting site or you can email your mp3 file to me at dogtrax(at)gmail(dot)com if you want.
- I will compile all of the writing all for release on Sunday
Here is my sentence (and you can listen as a podcast, too):
I entered the delicate art of negotiations with 11 year olds this week as I tried to make them understand that a puppet play for little kids should probably not have references to Brittany Spears coming out of rehab nor should the play have characters being sent off to a “special needs facility” as some kind of punishment nor should we celebrate the life of “gangsters,” and I once again realized how much my students are caught up in the collision of pop culture and media overload.
Peace (in collaboration),