(This is part of a weekly feature called Slice of Life Project)
Remember Spy Vs. Spy?
In Mad Magazine, the two nutty spies would try to outdo each other each episode, but you always got the sense they were just two sides of the same character.
This week, I have been thinking of Bella Vs. Bella. As some of my regular readers know, we had to put our old dog, Bella, down at the end of last year. She was my very first dog, and good dog for the most part, and that is her picture that you see as my avatar (in case you ever wondered why I have a dog head for my avatar — plus, my nickname is Dog before ‘Dawg’ was slang). I figured the use of her image would be a nice way for me to remember her.
Bella has been on my brain because we have been dog-sitting a friend’s dog this long Memorial Dat weekend whose name, get ready, is … Bella. And so, I take this Slice to compare and contrast the two Bellas in a fun exercise of reflection and rememberance.
Here is my old Bella:
Here is the visiting Bella:
As part of Slice of Life, I give you Bella Vs. Bella (the breakdown)
- Fur Color: Our Bella (white) and Visiting Bella (black, with some white and brown markings)
- Breed: Our Bella (German Shepard/Husky mix) and Visiting Bella (Bernese Mountain)
- Size: Our Bella (medium) and Visiting Bella (large and growing)
- Demeanor: Our Bella (energetic) and Visiting Bella (goofy)
- Intelligence: Our Bella (extremely smart) and Visiting Bella (kind of dimwitted)
- Child-friendliness: Our Bella (protective) and Visiting Bella (loving)
- Guarding the House: Our Bella (always vigilant) and Visiting Bella (a welcome wag for anyone – friend or foe)
- Other dogs: Our Bella (mortal enemies) and Visiting Bella (potential friend)
- Cuddle Factor: Our Bella (great) and Visiting Bella (great)
There are no winners in this game, except for us. We loved having the visiting Bella here, although her large size and goofiness put her right in our path wherever we went. We could barely get in the house when we came back home as her big body just filled the doorway.
Peace (in dogs),