In the span of the first day that I posted a call for Six Word Days in a Sentence, my blog was hit with 20 submissions. That says something about the power of the six words and the power of the Day in a Sentence format, doesn’t it? And the words kept coming the next day … and the next. By Saturday, I had more than 30 sentences in my blog bin.
Thank you to everyone who lent us your words this week. I have been very protective of them, but now, they can be released into the world. I won’t say much this week in terms of introductions, as the six words (give or take), capture what the writers were trying to say. My own words would just jumble up the experience.
What I did decide to do, however, is to group them according to some common themes that seemed to emerge (sorry if you don’t quite agree with my categories) and then it made sense to me to create a Bubble.Us concept map, color-coded along those themes.
Here you go:
The Teachers’ Life: School
- Graduate school projects consume my time — Amy
- Packing up is hard to do — Stacey
- Graduation, celebration, culmination, year-end roll. — Lynn C.
- Language immersion camp in full swing! — Amy K.
- Students staff vacation packing for NECC. — Cheryl
- Waiting irritably 4 school to be done. — Lisa
- School ends, summer arrives, SI looms. — Bonnie
- Our hard work recognized; Thanks NYSCATE! – Sue
- My learning binge finds new fuel. — Connie
- Holidays, time to reflect and regroup. — Jenny
- Lunch with colleague lifts my spirits. — Susan C.
The Teacher’s Life: Kids
- School’s out – twenty-two books still missing. — Janice
- Kids creating music blows me away. — Anne B.
- It was sad to say goodbye. — Paul
- Discovered that Wii bribery helps math — Kathryn
The Home Life
- Thunderstorms wreak havoc on family activities. — Kevin
- Pool installers here–kids in frenzy. — Renee (for her kids)
- Early starting, hard working, dogwalking. Sleep. – David
- Moving this week, wish us luck! — Michaele
- My vacation is taken over by life. — Liza
- Trying to fill in my taxes. – Illya
- muggy, humid; thunderstorms approaching rapidly – cool! — Sara
- Smocking for grandson. Raccoons finally finished! — Cynthia
The Reflective Life
- Tomorrow, I’ll have much better luck. — George (via Flickr)
- Distractions win out over obligations (again). — Renee (for herself)
- At 6,000 feet elevation, priorities shift. — Jo
- Been there, done that – now vacation – Elona
The Odds and Ends of Words
- Led North Webster parade as Santa — Rick
- Painted tree nurtures young girl dreams — Jane
- Forest fires cause smoky days. — Delaine
- Relentlessly, the smoke fills our lungs — Lynn J.
- Gleam, glean, lean, learn, earn, yarn. — Ken
- The medical establishment is a turn-off. — Nancy
And here is the Bubble.Us Concept Map (and a direct link because the embed box is kind of small):
Peace (in words),