Introducing … Jenni Peg

It’s a new year and time for me to introduce another character to my webcomic, Boolean Squared. Since the comic has been overrun with mostly boys in the main roles (Mom and Cylene the Cyborg are girls, by the way), I was asked (by Tina) to add some another female character.

I had been mulling over the idea of adding a new student to the class so it made sense for her to be a girl. I want the new student to be smart, a bit prickly, and much younger than Boolean and Urth — sort of a technology prodigy who has advanced up a few grades.

Her back-story will involve living in Japan for a bit, so that she can talk about the block of businesses and vendors in Tokyo where all cool new tech is introduced to the world.

I asked my PLC network for some cool names for my new character, and Jennifer Brandon — who also came up with the idea for the i-invention that Boolean created earlier — suggested Jenni Peg, or Jpeg. I loved that and would never have come up with that myself. Plus, using Jennifer’s name gives her some props for helping me out with idea.

So, introducing: Jenni Peg

Peace (in the frames),