The ‘Draw a Stickman’ Interactive Activities

If you have an interactive board, use these two stories at Draw A Stickman (the second episode is fairly new) to get kids up at the board, drawing and talking about the stories that unfold. It’s a great activity, and you will have a class of fully engaged students, for sure. I’ve used the sites to talk about protagonist and antagonist, foreshadowing and story arc. I guess there are Apps, too (and a student said it had a different ending) of the activity.

stickman
Go to the site and start creating!

Peace (in the sharing),

1. I discovered this very early when I taught that interactive class, Kevin, & we did have fun with it. I didn’t think to share that it could be a lesson in fiction writing. What fun for the students! I’ll definitely give to my colleagues!

2. So I love this, but my Berkeley freshman son reminded me you can draw anything, and I mean anything to do battle, so he just reminded me where middle school boys can go with this… (sounds sexist but accurate he assures me) and so it kept me vigilant about that digital footprint we all create, even on an iPod lol. I am going to use this on Monday with my Hunger Games group who need to finish their essays, this will be a great mind warm up. On another note, are you going to ISTE in June here in San Diego?? With your creativity I thought you may be presenting.

• Boy
      I wish I could come to San Diego in June (although my sister-in-law and family are moving there in June, so …) but it won’t be happening … sorry … sounds like a great time.

3. If you guys like Draw A Stickman,, you should check out the kickstarter campaign that the company just released. They are making a full length Draw A Stickman game! I’ll try to post the link below:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1195405602/draw-a-stickman-epic?ref=recently_launched

If that link doesn’t work, just go to kickstarter and search Draw A Stickman and it should come right up.

Also, I like the Charlie Parker quote at the top of the page!!