Here’s how I did it:
- I wrote the poem (well, yeah). I was working on the continued theme of identity.
- I set up my iPad video and recorded me reading the first side of the poem, with my head turned. I had some trouble reading, and finding the red “record” button. It took quite a few tries.
- Then, I reversed myself, and read the second part of the poem. Again, red button trouble. But even more difficult was the pacing of saying the words of the poem. This second part took quite some time, as I kept stumbling into the words of the first part. I never got it perfect. Just close enough.
- I used an app called PicPlayPost to create the video collage. I like this app for projects like this, as it allows you to mesh video and images. Here, I wanted a simple view: the mirrored self, reading a poem together. The line down the middle of the collage worked nicely for this.
- I posted right from the app to YouTube.
Peace (in the poem),