I’m nearing the end of this whole remediation experiment — of taking a single poem through various platforms to see what happens — and today, I want to share something that worked rather nicely, I don’t mind saying. I gathered up my poem and used it as the text of a picture book in Storybird.
You will have to either follow this link or click on the image to get to the story itself. Once the Storybird overlords approve it, I can embed it into my blog site, but not before then (unless I want to pay for the quickened look. I don’t want to do that.)
Here’s what I liked about this particular remediation effort: I made the poem a story of a journey, and I made the “voice” of the poem a young girl. That was done via the artwork that I chose for the story (if you haven’t given Storybird a chance, you should. It’s interesting, as you construct stories with art in mind first). But once I saw some of the art from the artist I chose, I had the story all set and synced in with the poem that I have been working with for days now.
This whole remediation is part of the Making Learning Connected MOOC and you can see some of my experiments here:
Peace (in the story),
Nice. Off to play …
Dear Lord, Kevin, so beautiful it actually made me cry!! Thank you! Sandra
My favorite version. Love the simplicity of it that dividing the poem up into pages creates.
my favorite version as well