Gearing Up to Make, Hack, Play

Making Hacking Playing at NEATE

I am heading across the state tomorrow to the New England Council of Teachers of English to facilitate a three-hour session in hopes of bringing forth the ethos of the Making Learning Connected MOOC into a workshop for teachers unfamiliar with Connected Learning and the CLMOOC.

We’re going to make, hack, and play … to pull a phrase from Bud Hunt (and later, Karen Fasimpaur) that has become the title of my workshop at NEATE … with mapping activities, avatar creating and game hacking, all with a reflective stance on how Connected Learning might open up possibilities in the classroom for student learning and engagement.

Bringing the ethos of an online community into a live space is sort of an unknown … but building bridges from the open learning from the CLMOOC and the principles of Connected Learning into a session where we can be doing things and creating connections is an exciting possibility.

I’ll let you know how it goes …

Peace (in the make),

1. Good luck to ye. Let the spirit of the pirate take hold and keep yer cutlass at the ready. And grog. But no hardtack. Me hates that stuff with a dread damned passion.

Antispamispittoonery: maths yep Teacher 1: Do you like math? Teacher 2: Speak English, Yank. T1: Do you like maths? T2 Maths? T1: Mathematics. T2: Maths? Yep.