… And Miles To Go … (before the school year ends)

flickr photo shared by *s@lly* under a Creative Commons ( BY-SA ) license

A good friend of mine asked me in a social media space if my school year was over yet. A lot of my connected colleagues are university professors, so many of them just got past their “crazy zone” of activities. (or they are correcting final papers before grade submittal deadlines)

Me?

Not. Hardly. There. Yet.

We still have a month or so to go, even with an early year thanks to a slow New England winter, and we have lots of things yet to be accomplished with my sixth graders.

Let’s see …

• We have a digital picture book project in the mix right now, where they are creating a story about their years in elementary school;
  • We have an argumentative writing piece to undertake next week, which is designed around synthesizing the reading of three texts and developing an essay with claims/counterclaims;
  • We have a digital writing portfolio to assemble in Google Sites (I wrote about part of this project over at Middleweb);
  • We have an idea brewing for creating a Fan Site for some topic of their choosing (novel, author, movie, television show, etc.);
  • And daily writing and reading of novels, too.

Yeah. We’re going to get all that done, and more, too. In the middle of the day, when kids are getting all summer-brained and showing odd end-of-year-social-itis, I don’t know how we will get it all done.

But we will. We’ll get it done. We still have miles to go before ….

flickr photo shared by alt1040 under a Creative Commons ( BY-SA ) license

Peace (in the think),