#2NextPrez Zeega Mix: Woody Guthrie Lives Inside of Me

All this talk of presidential politics and writing Letters to the Next President had me revisiting a song of mine called Woody Guthrie Lives Inside of Me. I had recorded this song a few months ago as a Corner Concert (where I turn the camera on and just sing a song), so I took that audio file from the video and used it in a Zeega for a multimedia project.

I aimed to celebrate the resurgence of Guthrie’s message, and to try to use Zeega layering for various images and movement. Some worked. Some didn’t. I also framed the Zeega as a multimedia letter itself.

In reality, the politics of Guthrie is “Left” of me these days (I am more Center, although where Center is these days seems less and less solid). Still, Guthrie’s notion of fairness and of advocacy, and of using music and song to connect and inspire action? That is something that has always stuck with me.

Special thanks to Terry for continuing to host Zeega for playing and tinkering and making.

Peace (please),

1. The sum of the whole IS greater than its parts. I think Woody would have appreciated digital, multimodal rhetoric for the passion and strength of music, lyric, and image together wound together into one very strong and ropy statement.

I wanted to see some footage of Woody at the end, but that’s just me being greedy. I might just have to gild this beautiful lily with a remix if I may be forgiven?

You are a natural protest singer, Kevin. You could not have been born in a more needful time.

anti-spam and fascism machine: mr arctic “For the last time, my name is not pronounced Ar-tic. It’s Arc-tic.”
    “Ok, Mr Artic.”
    “Ok is right. You asked for it, you non-correct name pronunciator.”
    A blast of cold rays flew from Mr. Arctic’s hands, freezing his heckler in place.
    “Arc-tic.”

anti-spam bonus captcha that I cycled past but I thought you might like but that I didn’t think appropriate to use: https://goo.gl/ffEAQw

2. Well said, Terry. Protest singers needed more than protest essay writers maybe.
    Will look up Mr Arc-tic (my ignorance).