Slice of Life: Audio Postcard Update

(This is for the Slice of Life challenge, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. We write on Tuesdays about the small moments in the larger perspective … or is that the larger perspective in the smaller moments? You write, too.)

At the start of the year, I took part in a research study that asked teachers to post an audio postcard each week for the first six weeks of school. I found it valuable as a reflection point to what was (and is) a pretty hectic and uncertain time.

This week, we were asked to provide an audio postcard update on things are going, now that we are pretty far into the year. There were some guiding questions, and again, I found it useful to think about how the year is unfolding, when each week and month seems to have a different challenge.

Here is my audio postcard: (link)

Peace (voicing it),

PS  — If interested, here is:

DSC01722 (2) -01 DSC01722 (2) -01 flickr photo by suzyhazelwood shared under a Creative Commons (BY-NC) license

1. Kevin,
    I’m fascinated by this idea of audio postcards. Sadly, I’m not able to listen. I get three prompts: download, sign in, sign up. I’ve clicked on two, download and sign up, and get nothing.

2. I have been telling ALL my graduate students they should be keeping a journal about these unprecedented times…and they laugh saying they are just trying to survive….the idea of the audio postcard is brilliant…I’m going to use it…well try it…this is a year like no other…..

3. Your concerns are real and universally felt for sure. I envy your tone of optimism. Thanks for the inspiration. I’m going to try it on tomorrow.