Slice of Life/Day in a Sentence: Only A Slight Attempt at Bribery

(The Slice of Life Challenge in March is hosted by Two Writing Teachers as way to encourage teachers-as-writers. You can join in, if you want. There is also a monthly call for Slices on Tuesdays. You can write then, too)

It felt more like a bribe of the digital influencing age, a $40 Amazon gift card stuck inside the box of my $80 purchase with a note that indicated they would activate the card only after I posted a five-star review of the item and only if I refrained from ever mentioning in said review, said note or said gift card, both of which quickly ended up in the trash.

Peace (remaining upright),

• It makes you wonder (again) about the validity of any review you see on Amazon, right? The strange part is that I like the item quite a bit but would not now ever give it a review because it all feels tainted.

1. First, love the day in a sentence format. I must try this!

Second, super creepy. I received one for 15$ that did not request or require my kindness. I never did it but as Christine said, it makes you think.

2. Wow! How low can we stoop as a society? Just seems unethical–definitely shady. Glad you took the high road–and a bummer that they couldn’t just trust you to like their quality product!

Kim