Slice of Life: One Final Sentence (as prose poem)

(The Slice of Life Challenge in March has been hosted by Two Writing Teachers as way to encourage teachers-as-writers. There is also a monthly call for Slices on Tuesdays. You can write then, too)

Every Sentence that’s been a Slice has narrowed my writer’s focus to single small moments of time and yet, in constructing the days in this constrained way, each string of words inadvertently left out much more than I could say.

Peace (as prose and poem),

1. As a very wordy person (ha!), I am in awe you can include so much in your sentences. I have enjoyed reading your sentence-in-a-day-slices!

2. These sentence slices have inspired me to whittle down and say more with fewer words. I worked with a class yesterday to write 6 Word Memoirs. Among my favorite: sometimes I cry in the dark.

Thank you for inspiring us all.

3. Your words while slim were filled with enough detail that I could imagine and fill in the picture. Amazing writing and I am in awe.

4. Don’t we all leave out what we might say, sometimes intentionally, other times not. Your words are so carefully chosen and make me think!

5. As always … so few words… so much refection. Amazing what you whittle away yet compress, all at once, Kevin. Always thankful for the gems you share.

6. Day in a Sentence is certainly the best way to learn how to economize one’s words… and it works tongue-in-groove with the SOLSC.

Thanks for being part of this community for 14 years, Kevin!