An After-life for Delicious

Here is an email I got from Yahoo, regarding my Delicious bookmarking account. (If you remember, it was discovered that Yahoo was going to be killing off or selling off some of its assets, including the very popular Delicious social bookmarking service.)

Dear Delicious User,

Yahoo! is excited to announce that Delicious has been acquired by the founders of YouTube, Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. As creators of the largest online video platform, Hurley and Chen have firsthand expertise enabling millions of consumers to share their experiences with the world. Delicious will become part of their new Internet company, AVOS.

To continue using Delicious, you must agree to let Yahoo! transfer your bookmarks to AVOS. After a transition period and after your bookmarks are transferred, you will be subject to the AVOS terms of service and privacy policy.

That is good news, but I have to admit, I already made the full switch of my bookmarking over to Diigo, and like it. My decision was based on the concern of losing my hundreds, eh thousands, of bookmarks. I can’t say I have yet tapped into all that Diigo can do, but I do like it.

I’ll probably still allow the service to move my Delicious bookmarks to its new platform, if only because I am curious about what these two are up to with their new company.

Peace (in the bookmark),