Last night, the winners of the Edublog Awards for 2010 were announced. Once again, the competition seems less important than the uncovering new resources and people in our ever-expanding network (ie: I didn’t win anything but was excited to have been nominated).
Here is a quick recap of categories I was following (you can see that Richard over at Free Tech for Teachers received multiple kudos for his daily sharing of so many interesting ideas and tools. Pop him into your RSS):
- Best Individual Blog: Free Technology for Teachers
- Best New Blog: Speech Techie
- Best Class Blog: Billings Beta
- Best Resource Sharing Blog: Free Technology for Teachers
- Most Influential Blog Post: Frank Noschese’s The $2 interactive whiteboard
- Most Influential Tweet: #speakloudly
- Best Teacher Blog: Teacher Tom
- Best School Administrator Blog: Darcy Moore’s Blog
- Best Ed Tech Support Blog: Free Technology for Teachers
- Best Educational Wiki: Greetings From The World
- Best Use of a Social Network: English Companion Ning
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Linda Yollis
Congrats to all of the winners! I’ll be exploring many of the sites and the runners-ups, too, in the coming days. You should, too.
Peace (in the limelight),