Beyond This Moment in Time: A Digital Poem

I was reading through the National Writing Project’s Elyse Eidman-Aadahl’s comments about digital writing over at the DML Central Blog. As usual, she has some interesting things to say about where we are, and where things may be going, and the increasingly important role that teachers have in these transitions.

Read the interview

I found myself stopping at some points in the piece, mulling over phrases and ideas,, and so in the spirit of remixing someone else’s content to create something new (I hope), here is a found poem from the article (with apologies to Elyse). I began it as a traditional words-on-paper poem, and then added it as a podcast, but then found myself trying it as a digital poem, with some powerpoint and a screencasting program. (In my old PC days, I had a nifty software program that would convert a PP with all transitions and animations into a video format for me. But alas, I have found no equivalent for the Mac.)

Peace (in the poem),

1. I am speechless; it is quite beautiful. I thought the words and the word movement was interesting with the emphasis being the larger font (I think) & the inserting directed at readers. I watched twice & will save to inspire again Kevin. I also wish you’d write a tutorial about ‘how’. But when I want a new tech project, this is what I’ll run to. Thank you for the time & the creativity!