#CLMOOC Postcards Are Human Connector Points

CLMOOC Stamps

The second Make Cycle for CLMOOC (Connected Learning MOOC)  now underway is centered on a postcard exchange between CLMOOC participants and how such offline connections are right in sync with online connections, and perhaps deepen those lines further than any online experience might.

We’ll be exploring Connected Learning principles in relation to the postcard project (which essentially is a regular call for folks to send different kinds of postcards to each other, and since January, we have been doing monthly themed Data Postcards.) As this week starts, there are about 60 people on the mailing list and room for more. (You can learn more all this week and by reading the CLMOOC newsletter for this Make Cycle).

I wanted to share two projects, related to this venture.

First, this video montage was something I put together last year, to celebrate the many postcards I had received. I’ve since received many more (including four the other day), but this video story gives you a taste of what it is about.

Second, this song — I am the Stamp — was a collaborative songwriting venture with Wendy and Ron, a recording experience to celebrate the postcards, as they were flying around the world with our global friends. It began as a poem by Wendy and went from there. You can view the Zeega Media version here.

We’re hosting a Google Hangout Make with Me tomorrow (Tuesday) night (7 p.m. EST) and then two Twitter Chats on Thursday (1 p.m. EST and 7 p.m. EST) to explore the notions of snail mail connections and Connected Learning. We hope you can join us.

Peace (in the post),